Monday 20 August 2012

Roadworthy, it is...

Woo

Yesterday I had to visit Repco for some oil for my other bike and dropped into the 'local' Kawasaki dealer with some photos of the bike and asked if they'd be happy to RWC test it, they said sure, it didnt 'look too bad'. They asked about the pipes and how loud they were, I said loud, but nothing compared to Harley's etc! They said it was OK for me to bring my other pipes and swap them over if the aftermarket ones are too loud :)

So, after getting an Unregistered Vehicle Permit from Vicroads yesterday, today My mate Damo rode it down (with me following in the car) to the dealer - when we first got there the guy said it was 'excessively loud', and Damo agreed - but we noticed pretty quickly that one of the pipes had come off the flange! One nut was lost, but the other one was sitting on the engine - so 5 mins later it was ready to go again and they said these pipes were not too loud and OK for Roadworthy! I was pleased :)

About 45 minutes later it was cleared and officially Roadworthy - Damo road it home for me of course and was quite impressed - he said the set up (bars/seat/suspension/pegs etc) was very comfortable and fun to ride; 'It is actually a fun bike to ride.....corners well once i got used to it and feels stable' - not a bad review given he's been riding a long time and his day to day ride is a very powerful Triumph Daytona!
Thanks Damo!

I did notice that the speedo is about 10kms out - he thought he was doing 100km/h on the highway, but my speedo said 90 and everyone was passing us, so figure mine was right - will have to get that seen to.

-Hayds.

P.S: I have finally decided on a colour scheme, and come up with a name for the bike ... need to let it sink in, see if it sticks or sounds silly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment