Saturday 18 August 2012

RWC here I come...I hope!

After receiving the last of my parts in the mail this week, I was keen to spend a few hours on the bike and get it ready for the RWC inspection - so things completed this week/today:

  • Installed the clutch perch after some modifications (required for it to fit the bars)
  • Adjusted the suspension to stop the rear fender hitting the Seat Bracket - I set it to setting #5 of 7, put it back together, tested the driveway bump and it still bottomed out. So I set it to the 7th setting, but that didn't help either. So I went back to the drawing board and cut a big crescent shape out of the seat bracket and it worked a treat! So I adjusted the preload back to the 5th position so I have room to move either way, if need be.
  • Installed shorter bolts for the Seat Bracket
  • Installed new mirrors
  • Installed new hand grips - unfortunately the nice Avon grips I ordered didn't fit - well, the throttle sleeve didn't fit inside my switch housing, so with the use of some hot soapy water I swapped it with the original throttle sleeve and added the original 'chrome' collar to the left hand grip as well, so they match.


I've also finally decided on a colour scheme for the bike - so once the legal stuff is out of the way, I can pull it apart and start on the painting,a s well as the other fabrication like passenger seat/luggage attachment (see pic below for plans), sissy bar etc :)

So now the plan is to book it in for a RWC inspection! I'll go about scheduling all of that as soon as possible - weather/work permitting.

As a treat (mainly for myself!), here's a video of a quick test ride...



-Hayds.

No comments:

Post a Comment