Saturday 14 April 2012

Electrical Work

I had a couple of hours spare today, so I relocated the Ignition Coil Igniter from the plastic section under the seat, to one of the storage compartments on the side of the bike - continuing to make the section under the solo seat look flush with the frame.


The IC Igniter did fit in the battery box with the small dry-cell battery, starter relay, junction box and pickup coil, but it was a tight fit. So I thought it would be better to just extend the wiring harness for the two clips that go to the IC Igniter and position it well out of the way. Some wire, solder and wiring loom tape later, I have this:


I think it has cleaned it up pretty nicely, and once the seat arrives I will work out the best way to mount it and start looking at shaping some sheet metal to cover the battery box etc. I think it might be a good idea to keep this as 'bare' metal as well, with the opaque blue/clear paint over the top - could look good under the seat.

The best part though was the sound of the bike starting first go after my meddling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment